Friday, June 16, 2017

Camp Create 2017 Day 2: Remarkable Resist

Hi everyone! 
I'm back with a quick post to share the card that I created for 
Day 2 of the MFT Camp Create.


Day 2 was all about Resist Techniques. I have to say that when I saw Stephanie Klauck's card that she did for today's technique, I was so inspired by the wood grain background with the pretty flowers sitting on top that I decided to try my hand at that. 



I created my background by stamping my wood grain stamp onto some watercolor cardstock and heat embossing it in white. I ran some gray watercolor over the top, like Stephanie shows, to create my white washed wood background.  I used the scallop rectangle from the Blueprints 27 die set to cut it out and then I adhered the wood grain panel to my card base with some foam tape. I inked up some paper with some distress inks and cut out some lillies using the Lily die from MFT. I added a bit more dimension to the flowers with some dots here and there and darker areas of ink and layered them onto my card. I added my greeting and some sequins and the card was good to go. (I did notice a little extra pink ink on my card after this picture, but that has now been removed by adding a little water and dabbing with a tissue).


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!!

Supply List:
--Cardstock: Canson Watercolor and Recollections
--Stamp: Grainy Wood Background (My Creative Time)
--Dies; Lily & Blueprints 27 (My Favorite Things), Hello (Impression Obsession)
--Inks: Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, & Peeled Paint Distress Inks
--Misc.: Artist's Loft Watercolors, Black Micron Pen, White gel pen, Glossy Accents, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins, Foam Tape. 


4 comments:

Migdalia said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


Marilyn said...

Gorgeous!!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for the tutorial and inspiration

Scrapper69 said...

Oh so Beautiful Stacey!! LOVE how your emboss resist turned out.. really pretty my friend!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...