Tuesday, April 15, 2014

MCT: Try Me Tuesday!

Hi crafty friends!
Happy Tuesday!

Today over at the My Creative Time blog, it is Try Me Tuesday!
The technique that we are trying today is Ghost Stamping. 
In case you don't know (like I didn't), Ghost Stamping is when you stamp your images in white and then stamp again but slightly offset so that some of the white shows through. 

Here is the card that I created for this Try Me Tuesday:

For my card, I stamped the flowers from the Fun Pockets set, first in white and then again in black. I then proceeded to color them in with some markers. I used the Curly Label die and the Stitched Curly Label Die for my sentiment and then I used some white embossing powder to make my sentiment from the It's All About You set pop off of the kraft cardstock. 


This was the first time that I tried this technique and I love it!!
It creates such a cool effect! I really like how some of the white peeks around the flower as well as inside the petals and leaves. 

Be sure to stop by the My Creative Time blog to see all the fabulous Ghost Stamping techniques that my wonderful DT sisters created.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

Supplies:
My Creative Time Products:

Other Products:
Cardstock: Whisper White (SU!), Kraft (Recollections). Inks: White (Studio G), Jet Black (Archival), VersaMark. Other: White Embossing Powder, Foam Tape, Bling (Offray), Ribbon (Better Homes & Gardens) Real Red, Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie Markers (SU!)

7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so pretty you really did a fantastic job coloring your flowers wow great coloring skills.
Your ghost stamping turned out great. I'd never heard of it before either so am looking forward to
giving it a try. Here I thought I was the only one who'd never heard of it before. Great creative job!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!! LOVE!

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Stacey!!! WOW so eye catching!!!
AWESOME job with this technique!

candio said...

Beautiful card ~ great "ghosting"!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your flowers turned out so pretty...good to know it works with markers to show through...what a great look it has. I like the kraft paper and the sentiment in white embossing. It looks fabulous!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your ghosting!!! :)

Kim H said...

Stacey ~ Oh this card is GORGEOUS ~ simply GORGEOSU! I LOVE every single detail about this card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...