Thursday, January 23, 2014

MCT Challenge

Hi everyone!
Happy Thursday!
Are you guys ready for a great challenge over at My Creative Time?

The first MCT challenge for 2014 is a sketch challenge!
I love sketches!!
Here is the sketch for this challenge:
(sketch from PageMaps Feb. 2013)

Here is the layout that I created using the sketch and some awesome 


I updated the look of my bedroom not to long ago with the colors of pale blue and a pale yellow.  I wanted to be able to hang my layout in my bedroom, so when I found this 10"x10" square wood canvas panel at Walmart I went to work. I have a hard time finding coordinating things for my walls so I thought this was perfect!


Look at these awesome My Creative Time products that I used:

For my 2 hearts, I used the Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO Dies. I have always loved the "Live, Laugh & Love" phrase and having MCT's Lowercase Fun Dies, helped me incorporate that into my wall hanging. The little heart over the "i" came from the 4x4 Journal Die + More Set. Aren't those flowers gorgeous?? For those, I simply used Emma's Rolled Flower Die.

Here is the complete list of products that I used:
MCT: Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO Die
MCT: Lowercase Fun Die
MCT: 4x4 Journal Die + More
MCT: Rolled Flower Dies
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper: Today Tomorrow Forever (Recollections)
Misc.: Traditional Eyelet Border Punch & Rode Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart), Gold Glow Smooth Spritz, Offray Ribbon, Vintage Photo Ink (Ranger), Pearls (Queen & Co)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
Make sure you head over to Emma's Blog, My Creative Time, to see all the wonderful creations that my fabulous Design Team sisters did and to read all the details about entering the challenge!
I would love to see what you make!

I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

12 comments:

Joan Smith said...

I love your take for the sketch challenge it turned out awesome and what a great decorative idea. Love your pics just adorable...oooh...la....la!!! *LOL* Love how you used Miss Emma's goodies.
I think you might just have a bit of HGTV in your creative blood. Love it!!!

Cindy Beland said...

Your layout is just GORGEOUS Stacey, AWESOME job with all the great details!!! Have a nice day!!!

Casandra Bennett said...

Cute layout. Love the bold yellow title against that yummy woodgrain paper. Did you cry a little as you cut into that paper? I have been hoarding some. LOL

Crafting Katie said...

What a beautiful wall hanging, Stacey! I love the colors! The flowers look so pretty against the woodgrain! Great keepsake!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful LO...perfect wall decor for sure!!! Lee-Ann :)

candio said...

What a beautiful LO ~ great addition to your room!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow, this is sooo COOL! I love that you used a sketch and turned into home decor!

quilt4fun2 said...

I bet this canvas looks awesome on the wall. You did a beautiful job on it! I love the paper strip and lace...so pretty.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Vickie said...

Awesome project. I bet it looks awesome on the wall.

mickeydee said...

This sweet canvas will look so sweet in your room. The happiness jumps right off of it. It makes me smile too!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

This is amazing! Love the papers and the pretty flower embellishments! Beautiful take on the sketch!

Kim H said...

Oh Stacey ~ this is simply GORGEOUS, PERFECT and oh my so creative!! Of course I LVOE al the details but the idea ~ so going to have to lift this one for sure! BEAUTIFULLY done! Cute couple too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...