Saturday, August 13, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. :) I was able to get a card done for Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge. Yay! The rules for the challenge are to use a Retired Cartridge of your choice and make a project with it. I love this challenge! I have so many retired cartridges that I never seem to use anymore so this was the perfect opportunity to dust them off and play. :)

I decided to get a jump on my Christmas cards for this year and when I noticed that Christmas Cheer was on the list of retired carts, it worked out perfectly! Here is my card:



It normally takes me a few times designing my Christmas cards before I find one that I like enough to send out to family and friends but I really like how this one turned out, so this may be the one! For my card, I used Christmas Cheer and cut out the Santa suit at 2.5" You can't see it very well in the picture but, there is white flocking on all the white pieces of his suit. I used a stamp from My Creative Time's Inspiring Words (Accents) set. They go perfectly together don't you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look at my latest creation! I really appreciate it. I hope you have a great crafty day!
Photobucket

Supplies:
Cricut---Christmas Cheer
Cuttlebug---Swiss Dots
Card Stock---Real Red & Old Olive (SU!), White (Georgia Pacific), Black (Recollections)
Stamp---Inspiring Words Accents (My Creative Time)
Ink---Real Red (SU!), StazOn (Black)
Misc.---Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars), Ribbon (Pure Color Essentials), SU Dimensionals, Flocking Powder (Recollections), White Signo Gel Pen

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is adorable!! Love the design

Kimberly J. said...

What a great card!!! I love the santa suit so cute and that sentiment goes perfectly with it!! Great job & Good Luck :):):)

Amanda T said...

This is way too cute! How I love that outfit! Just darling!

:: Samantha KT :: said...

That Santa suit is so sweet! Love how you've designed the card as well!

Pat N. said...

That is super cute, Stacey. I have that cart and really used it last year for cards. Looks terrific!--Pat N.

Raina said...

Stacey, thanks for sharing this card! You are so talented! I love the cutie pie santa outfit! I can't wait for Christmas, now - Your card is a reminder of that!!

Raina,
scrapwithriana.blogspot.com

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Awesome! I love it. FABULOUS! ~Shen

Chris said...

Hi Stacey! Great Christmas card. I think this is "the one" too! Thanks so much for putting my button on your blog - that's really sweet of you! Gave me a smile -thanks.

Looking forward to your next creation,
Chris (Craft e Mama)

Glora said...

This is SO cute!!!! I love the embossing, scallops, stitching, ribbon, EVERYTHING! Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...