Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanks a Latte!

Good Monday Morning Everyone! Today marks the beginning of another great challenge over at Paper Therapy. With Thanksgiving near, this weeks challenge is to make a Thank You card or a LO of something you are thankful for. Here is what I came up with for the challenge:



I think this card would be perfect to add a gift card inside to the recipients favorite coffee place. I used Smiley Cards for my tea cup cut at 2". I just left off the top layer that has the actual smiley face on it. I used some glossy accents on the patterned paper to give the look of porcelain. The "steam" is actually a flourish that was turned upside down, stamped and then embossed. The sentiment was actually typed on the computer and then just printed onto my card stock. I had so much fun making this card. Would love to see what you create for the challenge. Come on over to Paper Therapy and check us out. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and take a look. I really do appreciate it. I hope you have a great day!


Supplies:
Smiley Cards(gypsy)---Cut ar 2"
Cardstock--Pear pizzazz (SU!)& Burgandy (unknown)
Patterned paper--K & Co.
Stamp--Flourish (Autumn Leaves)
Punch--Traditional Eyelet (Martha Stewart)
Misc.--Glossy Accents, White Signo Gel Pen, White Embossing Powder (Hampton Art), Ribbon (Offray), Embossing Heat Tool (Marvy)

7 comments:

Carol L said...

So pretty! I love the border punch and the pattern paper is super nice! Have a blessed day!
Hugs, Carol L.

Queenie said...

OOoooh!!! What a creative card! I love how you used some glossy accents to make the mug appear like it's porcelain! What a cute idea to do with the steam!

Patricia said...

What a smart use of the glossy accents! I really like all your gel pen doodling.

Nicki S said...

Pretty card Stacey! The layout is really great and the embossed flourish for the steam was genius!

Jenny said...

This is such a great card! I love all your doodling! I need to doodle more! It gives such a great look!! Awesome idea with the flourish for the steam!

Georgiana said...

Wonderful color combination and your bow is perfect.

Georgiana

Jessi Myers said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love the doodling, and "steam". Way to Rock a Thank You! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...